The Rigid Intermediate Bulk Container Association of North America (RIBCA-NA) fosters the interests of persons, firms and corporations engaged in the business of manufacturing or assembling rigid intermediate bulk containers.
A “rigid intermediate bulk container” or “IBC” is a rigid, self-standing vessel, lined or unlined, made from metal, fibreboard or polymeric material. The typical volume is at least 119 gallons but not more than 793 gallons. IBCs are used to transport various liquid or solid products, including products identified as “hazardous materials” or “dangerous goods”.
RIBCA endeavors to promote the interests of its members and the industry in federal regulatory and safety matters while encouraging the adoption of uniform safety regulations, specifications and inspection methods for the containers. RIBCA also revised a forum for the discussion of problems affecting the industry and provides information regarding legislation and regulations that affect members of the association and industry.
RIBCA-NA is a proud member of the Industrial Packaging Alliance of North America (IPANA).
Suppliers & Testing Agencies
- American National Standards Institute
- Council on Safe Transportation of Hazardous Articles
- Dangerous Goods Advisory Council
- International Confederation of Plastics Packaging Manufacturers
- International Organization for Standardization
- National Association of Chemical Distributors
- National Fire Protection Association
- Reusable Industrial Packaging Association
- Transport Canada