The Rigid Intermediate Bulk Container Association represents the interests of rigid intermediate bulk container manufacturers in North America, and their suppliers.
A rigid intermediate bulk container or IBC is a rigid, self-standing vessel, lined or unlined, made from metal, fiberboard or polymeric material. The standard volume is at least 119 gallons but not more than 793 gallons. IBCs are used to transport various liquid or solid products, including products considered “hazardous materials” or “dangerous goods.”
RIBCA endeavors to promote the interests of its members and the industry in federal regulatory and safety matters while encouraging the adoption of uniform safety regulations, specifications and inspection methods for IBCs. RIBCA also revised a forum for the discussion of problems affecting the industry and provides information regarding legislation and regulations that affect members of the association and industry.
RIBCA is an Affiliate Member of the Industrial Packaging Alliance of North America (IPANA).
Manufacturer Member Companies
Associate Member Companies
- American National Standards Institute
- Council on Safe Transportation of Hazardous Articles
- Dangerous Goods Advisory Council
- International Confederation of Plastics Packaging Manufacturers
- International Organization for Standardization
- National Association of Chemical Distributors
- National Fire Protection Association
- Reusable Industrial Packaging Association
- Transport Canada
IPANA 2023 Annual Conference
October 24-26, 2023
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis – St. Louis, Mo.
IPANA 2024 Spring Conference